Wednesday, January 28, 2015

5 Items I Wish I Could Subscribe to From Amazon


It's been about a year since I signed up for Amazon Prime. I can't say my life has been completely transformed by Prime Membership, but it's definitely full of benefits.  One of my favorites is Subscribe and Save, which allows me to schedule regular delivery of things I need.

However, as handy as it is to get regular delivery of soap, deodorant, cleaning supplies and dog treats, I find myself longing for additional subscriptions. Amazon, if you're listening here are some things I'd love to subscribe to for annual delivery:


  1. Socks/Underwear/Undershirts: Maybe it's a grown up thing. Maybe it's a single guy thing. But I seem to always catch myself pulling on some old ratty socks or an undershirt that hasn't been able to pass for white since George W. Bush was president. Sure, it's easy to grab this stuff from the store, but I never remember when I'm there. Or when I do it feel like an exorbitant expense. That's why you'll always find these three items on my Christmas list. But imagine a world where, once a year, you open up a glorious Amazon box full of fresh socks, undies and undershirts... Not only would this make boring essentials feel like fabulous gifts, it would provide a periodic reminder to do an audit on your current stock and get rid of the rattiest. After all there's an old joke that goes "as long as a man can fit his legs through two of the holes in his underwear they're still good." 
  2. Home Air Filters: After living in my home for almost 4 years I just remembered to replace my home air filter. When pulling off the dust-infused monstrosity I learned two important things: It's really hard to remember which size filter you have and you're supposed to replace them every three months. Exactly the interval of my Amazon Subscribe and Save delivery! I could remember the size once and get them exactly when I need them. 
  3. Refrigerator Water Filters: Similar to above, every 6 months or so I'd love to get a new filter for my water dispenser. Anything to stop that incessant chirping every time I fill my glass!
  4. Dress Shoes: I have a couple go-to shoes for work. The styles never change and they go with my boring work clothes. Once a year I'd love to crack open a box with a new black and brown pair of my go-to work shoes. 
  5. Books by My Favorite Authors: I'd love to have a list of authors on my "subscription" and once or twice a year have any new titles sent to me in hardcover, paperback or Kindle version (my choice). I got a taste of this in Kindle Serials, with a couple chapters arriving every week. 
So there you go, Amazon. Five easy ways to get more of my money on a regular basis. I'm happily waiting... 

No comments:

Post a Comment