Saturday, January 30, 2010

Day 3

A relaxing day off in Palm Desert. Church was enjoyable. A very timely Sabbath School lesson discussion on patience. Hopefully I'll remember some of it during the two marathon drives left on this trip.

It's been great to just be out of the truck. To be able to walk around and enjoy some sun. I took a jaunt around the neighborhood and took a few pictures. I intentionally kept myself awake so I'd be able to sleep tonight and wake up early tomorrow.

It's crazy to realize that by tomorrow night we'll be in Texas. Tomorrow we'll pass through Arizona and New Mexico (hopefully). A lot of miles, a lot of America in rapid succession.

It's really pretty crazy how much of the country I've been to in the last couple years. Two years ago I hadn't even been to Idaho before. Now I've added Colorado, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois and Texas to my list. And Dallas in centrally located to a lot of other places. Oklahoma is right there, and it's a quick flight (or moderate drive) to much of America's heartland. But that's all discussion for the future. For now it's time for some sleep and more pounding the pavement.

No comments:

Post a Comment