Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Oops

It's been a busy two weeks. So busy that I forgot to report in. April 22-25 found me headed (further) south. The conference has sold their old summer camp, but it leasing it until the new one is built. So I made my way to Nameless Valley Ranch for Latino Youth Fest. As I pulled into the hotel parking lot on Thursday night I was treated to the sound of air escaping from my tire. Of course it was too late to do anything about it so I got to get up extra early in the morning and head to a tire shop as soon as it opened. They ended up selling me three new tires to match the one I had to replace a couple weeks ago when I had a nail in the sidewall. I was getting close to needing new tires anyways and this way they'll all match and I didn't have to pay for flat repair.

Youth fest was good. I ran lights and made sure videos/powerpoint shows appeared on the screens at the right time. An interesting challenge for me since the program was about 90% Spanish. I could understand the gist of most praise songs, but the rapid-fire sermons left me a bit glassy-eyed.

Following the busy weekend and a quick week of work I jumped aboard a plane for home on Wednesday night. Thursday was about making the rounds and taking in Game 6 of Blazer/Suns at the Rose Garden with nine other rowdies. Though the game didn't turn out the way I had hoped it was still a blast. My voice is still recovering.

Friday we hit the golf course and then the boys and I enjoyed some wonderful Thai food. I haven't found many good oriental places in Burleson so Mali Thai was well appreciated. Sabbath I went to church, had family lunch and family dinner. Lots of great catching up and drinking in the familiarity of home. It was kinda funny. I was looking around and random things. Stretches of road, trees, the skyline. Objects and places I remember seeing out the window while sitting in my car seat. There's a unique and individual depth to the landscapes I call home. Others may look around north Texas and see things that way, but I don't.

Now it's back to business somewhat as usual. Summer must start in May down here. Already flirting with 90 degrees. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment