Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Thermostat

Someone has turned up the heat and the humidity. Even on the warm days in April the wind seemed to keep the humidity at bay. Not the case anymore. Temperatures flirting with 90 degrees, humidity approaching 70% and winds at 20-25 mph with gusts well beyond that. Apparently this is still considered "spring" and this weather is more consistent with what's normal than the "mild" April we had. On the plus side I can walk from my apartment to Wal Mart at 10pm in shorts and a t-shirt. Not only that, but it feels downright balmy. The humidity is actually kinda nice at night, until I try to sleep.

Work keeps rolling along. I'm still struggling a bit with punctuality to the daily staff worships at 8am. My heart remains determined to operate on pacific time. I'm headed back to Austin next week to reconfigure our a/v equipment at Nameless Valley Ranch for the upcoming summer camp program. Apparently the staff puts on quite a pageant. They'll be using 13-15 wireless lapel mics. Each will need its own dedicated channel... and this is an area I know very little about. So I guess I'll be learning quickly.

Lately I've been excited about the opportunity this experience will provide me to see a different part of the country. Dallas is so centrally located. I can reach the east coast just as easily as home, which is a pretty cool thought. I'm looking for opportunities when I could hit the road for some sort of interstate adventure. Perhaps it will depend on the location of a dog I'm rescuing. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment