Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Grab Bag

Lest I forget to keep the information flowing I suppose it's time to add another update. The days are starting to stack end to end like train cars. Each one is sunny and hot. Some are windy others are calm and humid. I get up, head to work come home and either golf or hit the treadmill.

As a result I don't usually eat dinner until 8 or so, which means I keep it light. LOTS of fruit. Which is good, since the watermelons down here are like 30% bigger than any we get in the northwest. Not EVERYTHING is bigger in Texas (apples for example, coffee shops, the sweater section of stores etc.) but the watermelons do seem to be on the large side.

I've also discovered why short-sleeved dress shirts exist. When temperatures flirt with triple-digits on a regular basis they become a fact of life. Very glad that the dress shirt and tie or sports jacket is not required here as it was at NPUC.

It's been nice to enjoy the pool as well. Although I kinda overdid it the first time I was out there so I've been trying to be extra careful to make sure I don't peel.

Let's see... anything else to report? I didn't get the French Bulldog I applied for from the rescue. Probably a good thing. A dog is a pretty hefty expense up front. Even if I get a free puppy out of a box I have to pay a $250 pet deposit at my apartment. It might be better to get more settled in before I go that route, even thought that might be less fun.

I think that's about it for now. We'll see if anything else develops.

No comments:

Post a Comment