Sunday, November 11, 2012

Did I mention I got an Kindle?

I got a Kindle. A fantastic pseudo-impulse buy. I've been pondering the idea of a Kindle for a while, but haven't been able to fully convince myself I needed it. But then I got an Amazon gift card for my birthday and suddenly the Kindle was basically the price of a couple paperbacks.

How could I resist?

I'm still struggling to come to terms with the idea of paying nearly the same price for most ebooks, and not having that extra physical form to occupy my bookshelf. I almost wish there was a way to buy the book and the ebook as a bundle (kind of like you can do with movies now). It would be great to get the book, smell the pages and hold it in my hands, while still getting the "digital copy" that's more portable and tech-savvy. But in the meantime there are plenty of free ebooks to keep me satisfied until I sort this whole business out.

One cool concept with the Kindle is the Serials that Amazon offers. For a couple bucks you can subscribe to an episodic story that gets updated ever couple weeks. I have checked out a couple of these and they sound interesting. I'll probably wait until I finish the free book I'm working on now before I pull the trigger on something like that.

A no-brainer purchase (series of purchases) I had to make though was the three sequel books to The Giver. DID YOU KNOW THERE ARE THREE SEQUEL BOOKS TO THE GIVER???? That's one of my favorite books of all time. I hope these new ones live up to the standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment