Monday, November 5, 2012

Onward

Time to get better at this... So I bought a house, became a puppy daddy and continue to soldier on in personal, professional and existential pursuits. Everything is pretty good.

Becoming a grown-up is tricky. There's a lot to enjoy about it for sure, but it definitely cuts into your free time and bank account. Since when does 7:30 a.m. constitute sleeping in on the weekend? Because now it does. At least I have a natural affinity for doing dishes and folding laundry. So I've got that going for me.

I haven't been traveling enough. It's been cutting into my reading time. Managed to carve out time for State of Wonder by Ann Patchett. Positively heartbreakingly perfect. Also ripped through The Hunger Games trilogy. I'm such a young adult! :P Trying to endure The Museum of Innocence. It's mind-numbingly detailed. Only 200 pages to go...

Kinda becoming a candle snob. Or maybe it's just an ambiance snob. I keep plugging away at things, arranging, rearranging and creating.

Hoping to get motivated for some creative activities. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment