Monday, November 26, 2012

Son: A Finale

As predicted, I blazed my way through Son this weekend. While it was longer than the first two sequels to The Giver, I found myself captivated, anxious and angry at myself at 2 a.m. when I finally forced myself to put the Kindle down and sleep.

The story was beautiful. It answered most of my questions and wrapped things up in a fairly acceptable package. After certain other book series' *coughhungergamescough* that seem to weaken at the finish it was a delight to read Son and have it second to only The Giver in terms of its strength and force. I was devastated thrilled and inspired by the way things played out.

I'll refrain from deeply reflecting on the messages/themes that I took away from the story. There's so much to ponder, but it's all very spoiler related. So do yourself a favor, read these books and then let's talk. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment