Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year

I'm doing my best to not let this blog languish. I originally started it when I was moving cross-country so my family and friends could know I wasn't chopped up in someone's freezer. But now that geography has changed it's still handy to have one place where people can go for the latest and greatest.

Happy New Year!
Fisherman

This picture is actually from Christmas Day, but I suspect today will be similar. Just less rainy. Frankly it's a glorious day. I told my mom I would put a roast in the oven for her at noon. As soon as that's done I'm off to carpe the diem. I don't know how to explain it, and maybe it's just a placebo effect, but this morning just seemed... optimistic. Maybe it's the gloriously golden sun on a frosty/snowy morning. Whatever it is I like it.

2013 figures to be a pretty big year. I've not worked at this job for longer than any other I've had since college. I've been a homeowner for over a year and a puppy-daddy for 7 months (has it really only been that long???). It's highly likely that I'll get a different car this year... and of course there's the elephant in the corner, turning 30. I'm not too stressed about it, just another milestone.

Hopefully the rest of 2013 is as optimistic and filled with potential as this morning. And hopefully I get off the couch and do something about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment