Thursday, February 11, 2010

This is still Texas right?

So I woke up this morning to a bit of this going on:

HP8Q7339.JPG

It's pretty hilarious that I was worried I wouldn't be able to wear sweaters/coats that often down here. So pretty much that's been the story of today. Freezing my bare feet off to run out on the balcony and take a picture before the snow melted.

Yah... about that. It's done nothing but snow more since then. Everyone at the office is positively giddy, a sign that this doesn't happen very often. This morning we were doing some training on how to edit information on the conference's web site (fun for me since I just access the content management system for the first time yesterday). It's tough to get 10 people all working through adding events to the calendar, let alone when phones keep chirping with the latest school closure information.

We were also supposed to have a baby shower for someone in the office, but that got cancelled since she couldn't make it here. However we still had pizza and cake so we had a nice lunch feast. That's when administration announced that we get to leave at 2 because the snow is supposed to continue through the night. However, it's supposed to be 50 tomorrow. Crazy. At this point all bets are off, but I'm glad I got a decent amount of groceries earlier this week. If I have to I can just hunker down and play Xbox all weekend.

Someday I'll get to golf in Texas... but probably not today.

No comments:

Post a Comment